If you have a pool on property, your home is likely to be very popular among guests. We know that a pool is a popular amenity that guests look for on Airbnb when booking a home.
We’ve compiled a few steps to take to help ensure that your pool is safe for your guests, especially if they have young children.
Airbnb has partnered with Kidsafe Australia, who have shared their advice below to help make your pool a fun and safe environment.
Kidsafe’s top tips for pool safety
1. All gates and doors that lead into the pool area should be self-closing and self-latching
2. The pool gate should not be propped open for convenience as this would allow children unsupervised access
3. Make sure any safety barriers are free of gaps, holes, or spaces where a child might get through
4. Ensure the area surrounding your pool barrier is free of climbable objects (e.g. barbeque pits, tree stumps, chairs etc.)
5. Together with a compliant pool barrier that is regularly checked and maintained, it’s also helpful to ensure that there is active adult supervision of children in and around water. Water awareness, CPR, first aid knowledge and/or local emergency numbers are helpful in keeping guests safe.