It’s important to know where to get timely and tailored emergency information when you are travelling.
In Victoria, the VicEmergency suite of channels provides real-time emergency information and warnings. You may:
- Visit the VicEmergency website for updates (emergency.vic.gov.au)
- Download the VicEmergency mobile app from the Apple App Store or Google Play
- Stay updated on VicEmergency Facebook and Twitter
- Call the VicEmergency Hotline: 1800 226 226
- Tune in to the Official Victorian Emergency Broadcasters radio stations
Never rely on just one source of information. Staying informed can help keep you safe.
If you are in a life threatening situation, you should always call Triple Zero (000) for the police, the fire department or an ambulance.
For more information on how to prepare for your trip, visit emergency.vic.gov.au/prepare.