As ever more families seek unique travel experiences, Airbnb is becoming their first stop when making any travel plan. Farah Khan, the renowned Bollywood director and choreographer, chose a beautiful Airbnb listing in Barcelona as her home away from home where she enjoyed a relaxing summer getaway with her triplets. The family made the most of their time together while exploring Barcelona like locals do – soaking in the rich architectural and cultural history of the Mediterranean city while experiencing vibrant Catalan and traditions.
Farah chose a plush Airbnb home located in the middle of Barcelona with panoramic views of the Casa Batlló as her home base. Stylish yet functional, the 9 bedroom apartment features a host of amenities ideal for families travelling with kids including a fully stocked kitchen with all necessary appliances, spacious rooms with multiple beds as well as a baby crib.
Farah shares some travel tips to help families plan their next vacation:
- Think about every detail – Travelling with kids isn’t the same as travelling with your friends. You have to be prepared for the unexpected – forgetting to pack the bedtime bear or your daughter missing out on her favourite pair of shorts. These situations are bound to erupt out of the blue! My rule is – make sure you plan and pack everything in advance so that you are equipped with solutions for whatever that comes your way.
- Travel light and wise – Choosing a home in Airbnb’s Family Collections portfolio is a great way of ensuring you have what you need. Select a home for the stay that offers all the comforts and amenities as yours. Spacious, comfortable properties which offer a well-equipped kitchen and multiple entertainment options for your kids such as a pool, playroom and other amenities suitable for kids of varying age groups is wise.
- Keep them entertained – Long haul flights can be a time for you to catch up on some sleep, but your kids might not feel the same! Make sure you have their in-flight entertainment sorted beforehand to avoid any last minute complications.
- Go Local – Never forget to ask your host for recommendations. The best part about travelling with Airbnb is the local insights that hosts provide! From a cute neighborhood cafe that features a kids menu, to a hidden urban garden where your little tikes can run around, your local host is sure to add more value to your trip than any online recommendation ever could!
Take a look at Farah’s family vacation with her kids in Barcelona:
Here’s a picture of Farah’s kids and their friends outside their Airbnb Home.
All you need to do to start your day on a good note is to get a hug from your kids 🙂 Here’s a picture of Farah along with her daughters at her Barcelona Airbnb Home terrace.
Everyone needs a ME time. Here’s Farah enjoying a cup of tea at her Spanish hacienda before the kids wake up and her mommy mode is on.
Here’s a picture of Farah chilling and bonding with the kids over ice cream:
6. The best family vacations are the ones where all you do is laze around, chill and bond with your kids & finish all their ice cream😂#LiveThere #Airbnb #AD #FamilyCollection #barcelona pic.twitter.com/0uzSGnHpbd
— Farah Khan (@TheFarahKhan) June 28, 2018