As 2023 draws to a close, Airbnb has revealed the UK’s top Hosts for 2023 and recognises them as part of the platform’s Host Awards for the second year running. The awards aim to shine a light on Hosts who deserve recognition for the incredible experience they provide for guests and the benefits they bring to their wider communities. This year’s categories include “Best Design Stay” and “Best New Host” as well as “Best Room Host” to “Best Sustainable Stay” and finally the “Most Unique Stay.”
This year’s “Best Design Stay” has been awarded to Superhost Harry, who lists ‘The Crow’s Nest’ – a luxury hideaway, atop the cliffs looking out onto the Cornish sea above Whitsand Bay. Harry and his wife spent their honeymoon in the property and are now delighted to be sharing the space with the Airbnb community. Harry finds great happiness in knowing that many magical and lifelong memories will continue to be made there. Harry’s home is a ‘Guest Favourite’, meaning guests have continued to rate the property highly, often noting Harry’s generous hospitality and the utterly pristine and cosy finish throughout the property.
The “Best New Host” award goes to Kate, based in Ashington with her Luxury Eco A-Frame Cabin, ‘Hazel Hide’ – that is nested in the foothills of the South Downs National Park. Located on her small flower farm, Kate opened her cabin in spring 2023 which has proved to be extremely popular ever since. The personal touches left throughout the cabin including homemade brownies, early check-in and a small gift left on arrival, means guests have consistently rated Kate’s hospitality and property 5 stars.
New for 2023, Airbnb has awarded the “Best Room Host” award to Laura, based in the Ribble Valley, Lancashire. Whether Guests are looking for a quiet weekend away, visiting the area for a special occasion or generally just love the great outdoors, ‘Hodder Bridge Court’ is the ideal spot for a getaway. Guests can enjoy a restful stay in style thanks to Laura’s eye for design and detail, which radiates throughout her home.
Next up is Amy’s farm stay at ‘The Parlour’ in Long Whatton, north West Leicestershire, which has been awarded as this year’s “Best Sustainable Stay.” Amy and her husband share a passion for providing guests with high-quality, and memorable stays. Fulfilling her dream of converting a barn into an Airbnb, Amy now ensures guests have the opportunity to take part in activities and jobs around the organic farm and takes pride in showing the positive impact of instilling sustainability throughout guest stays. All guests have access to an EV charger, and Amy ensures all amenities including tea, coffee, soap and milk are all either sustainably or ethically sourced.
Rounding up the 2023 Host Awards is the “Most Unique Stay” which has this year been awarded to Superhost Christopher, who owns the largest Dome in Scotland. Situated in the heart of Carrick Forest in Scotland, ‘The Dark Sky Dome’ provides a unique stargazing and wildlife experience, whilst having the full comforts of home. Previous guests have described their stay as “a slice of peaceful heaven” and a “10/10 memorable experience” thanks to the unique digs and Christopher’s exceptional hospitality.
Amanda Cupples, General Manager for Northern Europe at Airbnb has said: “We are delighted to recognise Hosts in the Airbnb community for their hospitality and dedication to the Hosting community. It is uplifting to see the huge dedication put into each listing which truly offers each and every guest a unique experience. Now with the Guest Favourites category it’s even easier for prospective guests to find and stay with our crowned winners”
Harry, Best Design Stay winner: “I love being able to share somewhere that is so special for my family and I with the Airbnb community. My wife and I spent our honeymoon in the property and now many others have too. It’s magical to know that so many lifelong memories have been made there.”
Laura, Best Room Host winner: “I have been a host for the last 5 years, I’m a people person and really enjoy chatting to people from all walks of life. We’ve met some lovely people along the way. I really just enjoy people sharing our home”
Please find the full list of award finalists here.
2023 Airbnb Host Awards Winners:
Best Design Stay
Recognising Hosts who offer stand out listings with iconic designs
- Winner: The Crow’s Nest – Harry
- About the Host: Harry loves being able to share somewhere that is so special for his family with the Airbnb community. His hospitality and attention to detail means his guests are able to enjoy the property which is the only permitted structure in the area to be made entirely of wood.
Best New Host
Recognising new Hosts who have gone above and beyond to ensure guests have an amazing stay
- Winner: Hazel Hide – Kate
- About the Host: Kate loves making holidays perfect for people, since opening her Eco Frame in Spring 2023 she has been inundated with positive feedback and bookings.
Best Room Host
Recognising Hosts who are proud to open up their own home to guests
- Winner: Hodder Bridge Court – Laura
- About the Host: Laura has a large home and loves sharing her local area and home with others. She’s a people person and really enjoys sharing stories with people from all walks of life.
Best Sustainable Stay
Recognising Hosts who have taken the time to create an environmentally friendly listing and implemented steps to educate guests
- Winner: The Parlour – Amy
- About the Host: Amy and her husband have a passion for providing guests with high quality memorable stays. Amy ensures sustainability is always at the heart of all stays. By inviting guests into her farmyard, it’s a great way to show an example of sustainability having a positive impact on a local scale.
Most Unique Stay
Recognising Hosts who have designed and created the most unique homes to open to the Airbnb community
- Winner: The Dark Sky Dome – Chris
- About the Host: Chris provides a unique stargazing and wildlife experience in the Galloway Forest Park The location within the Dark Sky Park. Guests have expressed their love for the wildlife they see during their stay with some saying it’s the best place they have ever stayed.