With opening day almost here, now is the time to plan your holiday ski trip. Whether you’re in it for the first tracks or après-ski, destinations throughout North America offer world-class slopes with picturesque views.
Not sure where to go to take in the crisp mountain air? Here are the top ten trending ski spots Airbnb travellers are jetting to in the US and Canada*, with some unexpected cities making an appearance on the list, along with a sampling of homes available on the platform. Percentages indicate the jump in bookings from last year.
1. Big Sky, Montana, US (160%)
2. Bozeman, Montana, US (156%)
3. Kamloops, British Columbia, Canada (145%)
4. Collingwood, Ontario, Canada (142%)
5. Boise, Idaho, US (138%)
6. Colorado Springs, Colorado, US (138%)
7. Revelstoke, British Columbia, Canada (123%)
8. Mount Hood Village, Oregon, US (120%)
9. Stowe, Vermont, US (115%)
10. Girdwood, Alaska, US (83%)
*Based on internal Airbnb data measuring future guest bookings between November 2018-March 2019 in North American cities (with a minimum of 100 guest arrivals) compared to future guest bookings last year for the same time period and parameters.
The Airbnb Press Room is aimed at journalists. All Homes and Experiences referenced on the Airbnb Press Room are intended purely to inspire and illustrate. Airbnb does not recommend or endorse specific Home or Experience listings on the Airbnb platform.