As flexible living continues to gain momentum, guests are now discovering unique places to stay in small towns and rural communities on Airbnb, with non-urban gross nights booked up nearly 45 percent compared to Q4 2019**. Those seeking the chance to cultivate mindfulness while becoming one with nature, look no further than Sonoma Hills Farm, an idyllic Northern California farmstead that produces world-class cannabis alongside a spacious culinary garden using regenerative farming practices.
This April, select Airbnb guests will have the opportunity to experience the crop’s benefits to mind, body and earth firsthand via immersive stays at Sonoma Hills Farm* bookable only on Airbnb. The stay at the home that neighbors the cannabis farm is hosted by Aaron Keefer, the farm’s chief cannabis cultivator who previously spent a decade as the lead culinary gardener at the nationally recognized fine dining institution The French Laundry in nearby Napa, California.
Bridging Sonoma county’s rich agricultural history with a farm-to-table cannabis lifestyle, Sonoma Hills Farm is a premium craft cannabis farm and organic culinary garden nestled on 60-acres in Sonoma Valley’s Petaluma Gap appellation. Sonoma Hills Farm’s cannabis flower is intentionally produced using regenerative farming, a holistic practice to restore the health of soil matter and at the root (pun intended) of the farm’s experience for visitors.
“Our goal is to normalize growing hemp and cannabis by demonstrating it’s just like any other plant, with benefits to both humans and the earth. By offering an insider’s look into how we carefully cultivate our products — be they vegetables or cannabis strains — we hope to offer a stay that’s equal parts relaxing and enriching,” said Aaron. “By connecting with the land, guests will leave with a different perspective than when they arrived and will have supported our farm in a meaningful way.”
Priced at $60† per night in honor of the farm’s 60-acre culinary garden, the three one-night stays will take place from Saturday, April 30 to Tuesday, May 3 for California residents 21 and older. During their stay, guests can unplug and embrace nature’s rhythms in with amenities including:
- Lush Accommodations: Roll with the 360° sprawling views of the undulating hills from the farm’s neighboring modern farmhouse and enjoy dips in the private pool.
- Regenerative Recreation: Spend time participating in the farm’s regenerative practices during planting season – and maybe even dig a hole or two themselves! The farm’s unofficial welcome committee, Curly Sue the Mangalitsa pig and Tony the Highland cow, are happy to show guests how it’s done.
- High-End, Low-Impact Dining: Make yourself at home in the farmhouse kitchen to prepare meals with fresh produce and hemp products that only have to journey from the garden to your plate.
- Tranquil Downtime: Take in the night sky while sitting around a wood-burning fire pit, surrounded by sparkling string lights and the peaceful quiet of California’s countryside.
- Superior CBD Products: Ease into the R&R with a curated selection of CBD products from friends of Sonoma Hills Farm, like Green Bee Botanicals, Potli, Rose Los Angeles, Jane West, as well as candles from Garden Society.
Cannabis tourism experts-in-the-making can request to book these unique one-night stays†† at the home that overlooks Sonoma Hills Farm on April 20 at 10:00 AM PT at airbnb.com/cannabisfarm.
In appreciation for this overnight stay, Airbnb will make a donation to Regeneration International to support their mission to reverse global warming and end world hunger by facilitating and accelerating the global transition to regenerative agriculture and land management.
Those hoping to book should note that this stay’s rules require strict adherence with local COVID-19 guidelines. Onsite staff will follow applicable local, state and federal guidelines as well as Airbnb’s COVID-19 Safety Practices, which include wearing a mask and practicing social distancing when required by local laws or guidelines, and abiding by our five-step enhanced cleaning process. Guests are responsible for their own travel to and from Sonoma Hills Farm.
Guests are responsible for their own travel to and from Petaluma.
*Due to regulations and legal limitations, guests will not be visiting a licensed cannabis marijuana grow or interacting with cannabis marijuana. Guests instead have access to a neighboring private home, vegetable garden and cannabis hemp farm. These plants look and smell identical to the cannabis marijuana plants, but contain less than 1% THC and are federally legal. In addition, they’ll have access to all of the other produce on the property.