Introducing Guest Favorites
Guest Favorites is an all-new collection of the 2 million most-loved homes on Airbnb, based on the ratings, reviews, and reliability data from over half a billion trips.
- Every minute, over 100 five star reviews are submitted on Airbnb around the world1. But many guests don’t know exactly how to spot the homes guests love the most. That’s why we’ve introduced Guest Favorites which have excellent reviews and are rated above 4.9 stars on average2.
- Guest Favorites have a record of reliability, with Host cancellations and quality-related customer service issues of 1% on average. Over 1 in every 3 Guest Favorites have an average daily rate of under $100 USD3.
- Almost 60 percent of Guest Favorites are hosted by women while almost a quarter are hosted by older adults5.
- Guest Favorites are available around the world and a new filter allows guests to search specifically for them wherever they want to travel to. The 10 countries and regions with the highest percentage of Guest Favorites listings are Ireland, New Zealand, Canada, Aruba, the US, Puerto Rico, French Polynesia, Iceland, the UK, and Brazil6.
- The categories that feature the most Guest Favorite listings include Beach, Amazing Pools, Iconic Cities, Rooms and Amazing Views.
- Here are a few examples of Guest Favorites around the world:
Revamped ratings and reviews
- Almost 9 out of every 10 guests globally who submitted a review had at least one five star stay in the last year7. And since Airbnb started, there have been over 370 million reviews left by guests8 – creating a valuable bank of information to help other guests pick the right stay. But this information has been hard for guests to find. That’s why we are revamping ratings and reviews, making it easier for guests to find the reviews they care about the most.
Introducing the Listings tab
- There are over 175 million photos of active listings on the platform, with an average of over 20 photos per listing9. Airbnb’s new, custom-built AI-powered photo tour can recognize these photos and assign them to 19 rooms in seconds, making it quick and easy for Hosts to create a photo tour, and help guests understand the layout of the home.
- With over 40% of Hosts in the US and Canada saying they use a smart lock as a way of entry10, later this year we will begin rolling out an easy way for Hosts with listings in the US and Canada to connect compatible smart locks with their Airbnb account, automatically generating unique codes for every reservation.
Even more upgrades for Hosts
In addition to the new Listings tab, the 2023 Winter Release includes pricing visibility for Hosts, the ability to compare their prices to listings nearby, track pricing trends throughout the year, and see a detailed breakdown of past and future payments.
- Hosts on Airbnb have earned over $200 billion since Airbnb was founded11. With our completely redesigned dashboard, Hosts can now see a clear view of their earnings, including a detailed breakdown of past and future payments, customizable reports, filters, and search.
- With over a quarter more Co-Hosts joining the platform in the last year12, we’ve added two new payout options as well as new in-app messaging features.