TV and Airbnb Host Bobby Berk has been welcomed into homes throughout the country, and is as gracious a guest as he is a Host. With nearly a year under his belt at the helm of Casa Tierra, Bobby recently shared all he knows with a new Airbnb Host.
Bobby joined Katie, an Airbnb Superhost Ambassador who advises prospective Hosts through Airbnb Setup, a tool announced during the 2022 Winter Release that connects potential new Hosts to Superhosts for one-on-one guidance in creating their listing; together, they surprised new Host (and Queer Eye fan) Michelle on a virtual call and shared his tips for listing Michelle’s new space, Cresthaus on Airbnb.
As part of the Setup process, new Host Michelle opted to welcome an experienced guest for her first stay. Experienced guests are aware of their Host’s new status and can provide constructive feedback to ensure the space and the listing shine. As an experienced guest himself, Bobby booked Michelle’s first stay, and delivered his hosting tips first hand.
“It has been so much fun working with Michelle and Katie and seeing Cresthaus come to life,” Berk said. “As an Airbnb Host myself, I know how invaluable the Superhost Ambassador program is for new Hosts, and I was honored to be Michelle’s first guest. As my official review said, Michelle’s place was absolutely perfect, and I will definitely be back to visit!”
Below are some of the tips the expert designer shared with Michelle on not only how to create and maintain her listing, but on how to design a thoughtful guest experience as well.
Bobby Berk’s top hosting tips
- Welcome Baskets: Include a welcome basket filled with local favorites like olive oil, candles or wine to set the tone for the stay
- Custom Playlists: Curate a custom playlist that channels the vibe of the space
- Blackout Curtains: Include blackout curtains in bedrooms for a good night’s sleep
- Sustainable Products: Outfit bathrooms with high-quality, refillable toiletries for sustainable alternatives to one-use products
- Connect with Superhosts: Seek advice from Superhosts who can guide you through the listing process
- Scent Sensitivities: Avoid heavy scents in linens or wall fresheners to accommodate potential guest sensitivities
“Getting our little slice of heaven in the mountains ready for rental has been a rewarding journey,” new Host Michelle said. “On the final stretch there were so many details to tweak, so having someone with experience to help guide us through the fine tuning was so valuable!. I had obviously been a big fan of Bobby’s work both on TV and off, so when he turned up on Zoom to give us his advice, we knew we were in the very best of hands”
More about Airbnb Setup
Superhost and ambassador Katie is a community leader and, like many other Superhosts that have opted into the Airbnb Setup program, counsels new Hosts from their first question through their first booking, at no additional cost to the Host. With nearly 100,000 experienced guest opt-ins since November 20221, this powerful connection has helped many realize it’s easy to start Hosting with a human connection and a helping hand to guide you.