To celebrate her 60th birthday, the red-dress girl will open the doors of her house so that guests can dive into her fun and colorful world during an unforgettable stay, available only on Airbnb. While Monica spends some days away, guests are welcome to visit her house and find all the easter eggs of the show at the listing.
Monica’s stories have been part of Brazilian families for several generations. This unique stay will take guests on a journey through time by rescuing the main characteristics of Monica’s universe.
“Bringing Monica’s universe to Airbnb is seeing the story of our beloved character in real life. I am sure guests will never forget the experiences they will have in this special place”, says Monica Sousa, inspiration to the character and executive director at Mauricio de Sousa Produções.
Photos Credits: Maíra Acayaba. Media assets here.
About the stay
Located in São Pedro, 118 miles from São Paulo, Monica’s house will be available on Airbnb for a single stay of two nights, for up to two adults and one child up to 12 years old, between October 20-22, 20231, for $50 per night2.
During the stay at Monica’s world, guests will have the opportunity to:
- Enjoy a private cinema session at Monica’s clubhouse – it gets better with some popcorn, treats, and the company of Sansão
- Cook brigadeiros, the famous Brazilian treat, to celebrate Monica’s birthday
- Get inspired by Monica’s closet – red dresses are the latest trend for this season
- Reproduce the “Ata” meme on Monica’s computer
- Leave a note or a drawing for Monica and the gang for them to see during the next time they hang out at the clubhouse
- Discover all corners of the house, full of easter eggs of Monica and Friends’ world – Monica must have left a red notebook somewhere in the house for guests to take a look at. Where could it be?
- Take pictures of the best moments of your stay with her camera
- Have a water balloon fight in the garden – now that Cascão is not there
Fiamma Zarife, Airbnb’s South America General Director, is excited about the launch inspired by an iconic character of Brazil’s culture: “Airbnb exists to create a world where anyone can belong anywhere, with authentic travel experiences and more connection between people. Monica’s colorful universe, brilliantly created by Mauricio de Sousa, came to life in a unique stay that takes us back to childhood. It will be unforgettable!”
Photos Credits: Maíra Acayaba. Find media assets here.
How to Book
Guests can request to book Monica’s world on Airbnb starting October 12 at 1:00 PM EST, at airbnb.com/turmadamonica. Guests are responsible for their transportation to and from São Pedro, in the state of São Paulo.
To learn more about becoming a Host, as Monica, visit airbnb.com/host.