- As Malaysians return to sheltering at home during the MCO, Airbnb reveals the most booked local Online Experiences in 2020 to inspire online travel in the new year
- Malaysians can also get a head start on their New Year resolutions with a variety of meaningful Online Experiences led by hosts around the world
With the Movement Control Order (MCO) reimplemented across multiple states and interstate travel once again restricted, Airbnb is serving up fresh inspiration for Malaysians to fulfill your inner wanderlust and satiate the experience bug with plenty of exciting virtual opportunities.
Health and wellness surged in popularity when the COVID-19 pandemic began last year, and continues to be a source of keen interest this year. The most booked local Online Experience by guests around the world over the past 30 days was How to Cultivate an Olympian’s Mindset, hosted by our nation’s very own three-time Olympic cyclist Josiah Ng.
Airbnb guests also displayed a keen interest in delving into Malaysian history, with other top booked local Online Experiences including the story of Old Kuala Lumpur and taking a guided virtual walk around Kampong Bahru.
With the spirit of the new year upon us, what better time to get started on some of those New Year resolutions? Whether it’s discovering more about yourself, learning a new skill or embracing a new habit, Malaysians can work towards those goals with a twist with Airbnb Online Experiences.
Join other guests from around the world on this journey to make 2021 your year with these Online Experiences:
- Kickstart your year with a private astrology reading (Barcelona, Spain)
- Learn American Sign Language (ASL) (Montreal, Canada)
- Expand your breakfast repertoire with Turkish bubble bread (Istanbul, Turkey)
- Make the perfect cup of coffee (Mexico)
- Pick up watercolour brush lettering (Mumbai, India)
- Goal setting with a gold medalist (Quebec, Canada)
- Practise breathing techniques, healing yoga and meditation (Tokyo, Japan)
*All Experiences referenced are intended purely to inspire and illustrate. Airbnb does not recommend or endorse specific Experience listings on the Airbnb platform.