Take glamping to the next level with Airbnb and Jaguar Land Rover
A mini house towed by Jaguar Land Rover’s latest eco-friendly model, the new Defender Hybrid, is now bookable on Airbnb. Starting today, guests have the opportunity to book one of ten scenic locations in the Italian countryside where the Defender Eco Home will be stationed between June and September 2021.
From the south to north of Italy, the Defender Eco Home will be transported to some of the country’s most beautiful outdoor locations including the slopes of Mount Etna, the vineyards of Tuscany and the iconic Dolomites. The Defender Eco Home is built with eco-friendly materials and is completely self-sufficient thanks to solar panels on the roof.
In addition to the overnight stay, each booking will include a delicious picnic with locally sourced produce, a gourmet dinner in a nearby restaurant, a voucher to try one of the local Experiences on Airbnb and the opportunity to explore stunning local scenery in the new Defender Hybrid.
The mini house
With its panoramic glass facade, the Defender Eco Home allows guests to feel completely immersed in nature. It is completely self-sufficient thanks to solar panels placed on the roof and it is made with eco-friendly, sustainable materials: interior furnishings are made from waste material from wine-making and the ceiling is covered with a special fabric that purifies the air. The interior includes a bedroom with a walk-in closet, a small dining area and a bathroom.
The ten stops
The Defender Eco Home will be stationed in ten truly beautiful locations in the Italian countryside, with each stop being bookable on Airbnb. The following stages of the trip are now bookable:
- Stop 1: The slopes of Mount Etna, Sicily (bookable for a 3 night stay)
- Stop 2: The Salento hinterland (bookable for a 1 night stay)
- Stop 3: The Cilento seaside (bookable for a 1 night stay)
- Stop 4: Sirente-Velino natural park, Abruzzo (bookable for a 1 night stay)
- Stop 5: The Maremma, Tuscany (bookable for a 1 night stay)
- Stop 6: The Cento Croci Pass, Emilia-Romagna (bookable for a 3 night stay)
- Stop 7: Val Tramontina, Friuli-Venezia Giulia (bookable for 3 night stay)
- Stop 8: The Venetian Dolomites (bookable for a 1 night stay)
- Stop 9: The Langhe, Piedmont (bookable for a 3 night stay)
- Stop 10: Sant’Antioco Island, Sardinia (bookable for a 1 night stay)
How it works
Bookings have opened since 4:00PM CET on May 6 and are on a first come, first served basis. For each stop, there will be stays of either one or three nights (for two people available for 500 euros). In addition to the stay inside the Defender Eco Home, anyone who books will also get:
- The chance to exclusively try out the new Defender Hybrid and explore the surroundings.
- A special gourmet dinner in one of the restaurants nearby (a Michelin-starred restaurant for those who book in Sicily, Emilia-Romagna, Friuli-Venezia Giulia or Piedmont).
- A delicious breakfast and picnic made from locally sourced produce.
- A voucher to try one of the local Experiences available on Airbnb.
Visit here to find out more about the 10 bookable stops being made by the Defender Eco Home from June 2021 to September 2021.