For the first time, millions of people can now live anywhere. Airbnb’s Instagram account is a source of inspiration for many who want to embrace the travel revolution from somewhere truly beautiful. From an A-frame with a view to die for in Utah to a charming vista of an 18th century farmhouse in France, here is some of our most popular user generated content from the year gone by*.
1. Zion EcoCabin (Hildale, UT, United States)
The most liked photo on Airbnb’s Instagram profile in 2021 is all about the view: a breathtaking panorama of the Zion Mountains taken from the elevated vantage point of an A-frame cabin.
2. Raven Rock Treehouse (Fletcher, NC, United States)
Described by the Host as ‘radical off-grid therapy’, Raven Rock Treehouse is nestled in the trees near Raven Rock Cabin in a 40 acre wilderness wildlife preserve.
3. Crow’s Nest (Monte Rio, CA, United States)
Located high in the redwoods of Monte Rio, the Crow’s Nest provides a birds eye view of the old growth forest surrounding the property.
4. The Kingdom A-frame (Burke, VT, United States)
Built in 1968, this picturesque A-Frame is located minutes away from the Kingdom Trails, Burke Mountain and Lake Willoughby.
5. The Woodlands House (Sandy, OR, United States)
The Woodlands House sits on five acres of an old growth private forest and offers two outdoor decks surrounded by towering pine trees.
6. Villa Amalfi (Tulum, Mexico)
This gorgeous modern villa is characterized by clean lines, open spaces and huge windows which gives the feeling of indoor/outdoor living.
7. Mariner Boathouse (Belgrade, Serbia)
Seventh on the list is this stunning boathouse docked at the confluence of the Sava and Danube rivers in Belgrade.
8. Maison Lafleur (Le Vignau, France)
Surrounded by century-old oaks, this traditional wood frame farmhouse dates back to the 18th century but a recent renovation has added modern comforts like a heated pool.
9. Hermosa Cabaña (Mineral del Chico, Hidalgo, Mexico)
This double-height timber-clad cabin is surrounded by forest and trees, and is close to the mountain villages of Mineral del Chico and Mineral del Monte.
10. Historic Guesthouse and Gardens (Marietta, GA, United States)
Enjoy a morning coffee in the greenhouse of the former home of two Georgia governors.